I am a family doctor working in the Metro Vancouver area with a clinical focus in addictions, hospital medicine, and community based family practice. I completed a Master’s of Data Science and my family medicine training at the University of British Columbia.
I’ve gone on some adventures:
- The Mongol Rally - a charity drive from London, England to Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
- Worked on water infrastructure and health education for a remote school in the Indian Himalayan region (Spiti Valley)
- Explored (and continue to explore) Beautiful British Columbia with multi-day kayaking trips and cycling trips.
I’ve made some things:
- Co-Founder and board member of Hatching Health
- A recommender system for Read by QxMD (an app for viewing medical research papers)
- Designed the Squarespace website for the Fort Family Practice Clinic, and helped them in the transition to virtual care during COVID19.
- Worked in data science or advisory roles for healthcare startups or research teams including Babylon Health AI Research Team, QxMD, UBC Digital Emergency Medicine, and others.
- Patient Simulator - AI powered ‘Patient Simulator’ that helps clinical professionals practise tough conversations with AI patients. Landing page: Curaclue
- ClinAction - Prototype for extracting structured clinical actions from unstructured clinical documents for family doctors. Part of the XPC healthcare and AI hackathon.
- Antimicrobial Dashboard - Proposed and advised on the development of a FHIR-based application for streamlined antimicrobial prescribing based on EMR data such as prior antibiotics and microbial cultures.